Communication @ Work"Be responsible for how you are heard not just what you say"- Thomas Leonard
Every day we accomplish things by communicating. We rely on our communication skills 24/7/365 – at work and at home. And yet we frequently experience frustration, confusion and even conflict as a result of apparently clear messages being misunderstood, misinterpreted or just ignored. Our communication affects how we learn, how we influence and how we achieve.
Communication @ Work workshops can be tailored to your team’s requirements and can be delivered in half-day or full-day formats or as a conference presentation.
Some specific points of emphasis can be:
- Key Communication Skills for Leaders
- Presenting with Confidence and Skill
- Writing for Results
- Team Communication
We can also incorporate use of either the DiSC® or Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® to provide powerful insights into the normal variations in human communication. This helps heighten both self-awareness and acceptance of others’ differences and needs in communication.
Depending upon your needs and how the program is tailored, key outcomes encompass:
- Greater respect for the communication process and the dynamics of interpersonal communication and communication styles
- Improved listening and attention
- More open, honest and direct conversations, feedback and input
- Improved quality of meetings and discussions
- Practical strategies for dealing with conflict
- More persuasive oral and written communication