"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost" - H. Jackson Brown, Jr
Understanding ourselves and others ? and therefore being better equipped to confidently and effectively manage interactions ? is a key to personal and professional success. Differences in approach, communication and behaviour often cause misunderstanding, conflict and loss of productivity. The DiSC instrument and wrokshop have been designed to help individuals and teams identify and understand different human behaviours so that they can work together more effectively.
The DiSC profile identifies four primary dimensions of behavioral style:Dominance - direct, results-oriented, strong-willed and forceful.
Influence - outgoing, enthusiastic, optimistic and lively.
Steadiness - even-tempered, accommodating, patient and humble.
Conscientiousness - analytical, reserved, precise and systematic.
The objectives of a DiSC workshop are:
- To identify the key dimensions of normal human behaviour in the workplace
- To appreciate the different priorities that drive people’s behaviours
- To develop strategies for working and communicating more effectively across styles
- To learn how to harness the benefits of different approaches
- Greater emotional intelligence through improved self awareness and appreciation of others’ normal behavioural differences
- Improved communication and conflict management
- Increased collaboration and improved learning culture
- Better leadership.